Category: Excellence in Transport & Logistics
Port of Antwerp nominated by Port of Antwerp
- Processes: cut up in silos: no integrated perspective on problem-solving; no flow; rework; complex and very technical view on the matter
- Information mgt: mainly records perspective; no process or task perspective , no KM perspective
- Collaboration 2.0: what’s that?
- BPM Softwares: mainly support hard workflows, reporting and risk avoiding perspective; not set up from the ordinary knowledge worker’s perspective
- The ECM-software suffers from bad UX
Implementation & Innovation
- Holistic view on improving “administration” – in fact: knowledge work!
- Lean focus: value creation, waste elimination as part of a culture; simple, DIRFIT, always better!
- KM focus: working out loud, learning, collaboration; information is for action – not for storage
- UX focus: proximity of information, task-orientedness, flow, integration
- Implementation of wiki-collaborative platform, seamlessly integrated with project mgt software
- Development of adaptive case mgt perspective
- Iterative: Plan, Do, Check, Improve; Flexible
- Team by team, process by process
- Teams working out loud = basis for transparency, trust, collaboration, for knowledge sharing, for learning, for improvement, for silos breakdown
- Attention for UX pays itself
- Cases provide very rich context for tasks and (soft) workflows
- More natural, conscious, valuable information management by knowledge workers themselves
- More value, less waste; more flow, less rework.
- Knowledge workers feel better in this simple, flexible, adaptive, dynamic, collaborative environment
- Technology facilitates a culture: The Medium is the Message
- Confluence and JIRA by Atlassian
- Plug-ins by third parties